Subject: Major New Version of WEAP Posted: 8/5/2015 Viewed: 22279 times
A new version of WEAP is now available, with many new features and several bug fixes. It is recommended for all users to get the update. As always, this new version is backwards compatible with data sets developed in earlier versions of WEAP. New versions of the User Guide and Tutorial are also available.
- IHA: Integration of The Nature Conservancy's Indictors of Hydrologic Alteration (IHA), to aid in understanding the ecological impacts of changes in streamflow.
- PGM: A more detailed method for catchment hydrology, the Plant Growth Method (PGM) simulates daily plant growth, water use, and crop yields as a function of CO2 concentration, season length variability, and temperature and water stress, based on the approach taken in the SWAT and EPIC models.
- Glaciers: Model growth and shrinkage of glaciers.
- River Flooding: A fraction of streamflow over a threshold can flood to a catchment.
- Linking Areas: Linking flows from one WEAP area to another.
- Faster: Calculations are much faster (100x in some cases) and more robust.
- Windows 10 compatible
- Numerous other improvements, optimizations and bug fixes.
Several organizations have contributed funding for enhancements in this new version. We gratefully acknowledge
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- United States Bureau of Reclamation
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- California State Water Resources Control Boards (SWRCB)
- The World Bank
If you have a problem with the automatic update, you can download the full installation from http://www.weap21.org/Download There is no need to uninstall your existing version first.
Stockholm Environment Institute
Mr. Abebe Seyoum Ayele
Subject: Re: Major New Version of WEAP Posted: 8/27/2015 Viewed: 21510 times
If I install the new version of WEAP what will be the data loaded in the old version? because I fear if I loose my data.
Mr. Jack Sieber
Subject: Re: Major New Version of WEAP Posted: 8/27/2015 Viewed: 21503 times
All of your existing data will be available after you install the new version of WEAP. You will not lose any data.