Subject: Major New Version of WEAP Posted: 8/5/2015 Viewed: 13110 times
A new version of WEAP is now available, with many new features and several bug fixes. It is recommended for all users to get the update. As always, this new version is backwards compatible with data sets developed in earlier versions of WEAP. New versions of the User Guide and Tutorial are also available.
- IHA: Integration of The Nature Conservancy's Indictors of Hydrologic Alteration (IHA), to aid in understanding the ecological impacts of changes in streamflow.
- PGM: A more detailed method for catchment hydrology, the Plant Growth Method (PGM) simulates daily plant growth, water use, and crop yields as a function of CO2 concentration, season length variability, and temperature and water stress, based on the approach taken in the SWAT and EPIC models.
- Glaciers: Model growth and shrinkage of glaciers.
- River Flooding: A fraction of streamflow over a threshold can flood to a catchment.
- Linking Areas: Linking flows from one WEAP area to another.
- Faster: Calculations are much faster (100x in some cases) and more robust.
- Windows 10 compatible
- Numerous other improvements, optimizations and bug fixes.